One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female couturier.
- ‘The great French couturières create perfectly balanced and fitting garments by modelling, which are looked upon as the hall-mark of style.’
- ‘Cheers everyone… now can anyone tell me the difference between a centimètre de couturière and a règle japonaise, also accessories for couture?’
- ‘Jack's Aunt Minnie's a swell old gal, and, more to the point, as ‘Roberta,’ the most fashionable couturière in all of Paris, she's sure to give the boys a hand.’
- ‘In the two-decade period between the World Wars, she points out, couturières, not couturiers - gals, not guys - dominated the field of designing for women.’
- ‘Aesthetic touches and interesting decorative features indicate that Maud often worked closely with her couturières.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.