One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small light in a car that is automatically switched on when one of the doors is opened.
- ‘The door was unlocked and the courtesy light revealed a passenger, waiting for him.’
- ‘The Deluxe version includes a motion detector with audio alarm, interior courtesy light, a power connection for external power, an audio low-battery warning and triple access codes.’
- ‘For example, if you open and close the boot before leaving the car, it might be that the courtesy light is sticking on.’
- ‘If the car moves off with a door open, that is at below three mph, there is an audible warning and the courtesy lights flash to warn the driver.’
- ‘Can you tell me why an automobile courtesy light that fades slowly makes you feel good?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.