One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A federal court that tries claims against the government.
- ‘It has also unsuccessfully lobbied to have tort cases against it heard in the state Court of Claims, in which judges, who tend to be less sympathetic to plaintiffs than juries, render verdicts and make awards.’
- ‘In 1959 - the same year that Alaska was admitted as a state - the Court of Claims decided in favor of the Tlingit and Haida for payment of land that was taken from them.’
- ‘I've never really known that much about the Court of Claims.’
- ‘By 1997, the US Court of Claims had awarded nearly $1 billion to 1,000 vaccine victims.’
- ‘The U.S. Court of Claims rejected a suit by 140 federal judges for salary compensation due to inflation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.