Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Computer programs or other material designed for use in an educational or training course.
- ‘There has recently been a mad rush by universities, venture capitalists and corporations to develop online courses, virtual universities, education portals, and courseware.’
- ‘Plus you get a printer, scanner and computer courseware CD to brush up your PC skills.’
- ‘People who rarely, if ever, have any communication with students sometimes design such courseware.’
- ‘If the group that values teaching as performance has the most influence, we will put more energy into developing flexible courseware that promotes social engagement and interaction.’
- ‘Of course there are students who fit the above profile, but it would be foolish to design a course or courseware based on the assumption that all students are like that.’
- ‘We kickstart self-learners on the road to competence with freely available tools, training and courseware.’
- ‘There is a choice of operating systems as well as training courseware and virus-checking software.’
- ‘Australia has some very sophisticated capacity for instruction design, courseware development and on-line delivery.’
- ‘However it is also the case that educational courseware tends to encourage traditional rather than innovative pedagogy.’
- ‘At the colleges, Services for Students with Disabilities have the responsibility to make courseware accessible.’
- ‘We're all fighting about that, either for software or courseware.’
- ‘This courseware might include printed materials, audio on CDs, as well as video presentations on DVDs.’
- ‘The site, therefore, provides links to other online courseware directories, public domain courseware hosted locally, sites for courseware developers and Indian educational sites.’
- ‘Teaching methods, courseware, and learning tools, all need to be carefully designed in order to enhance both female and male students' unique learning processes and outcomes.’
- ‘Consider the convenience of having the program automatically download enhancements and additional courseware as they become available.’
- ‘Committee members decided on the general topic of distance learning and also decided upon using educational courseware as part of the program.’
- ‘We provide distribution-neutral courseware for certification preparation training.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.