One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rod which couples the driving wheels of a locomotive, enabling them to act as a unit.
- ‘If you haven't built it yet - do so - fuse it to the coupling rod or the wheel - it doesn't matter which.’
- ‘The big end bearing on the right hand coupling rod had some white metal repaired, by puddling up.’
- ‘The next step was the fluting of the main and coupling rods, an easy operation on the vertical mill.’
- ‘The chassis is only gear-driven to the rear axle, the coupling rods transferring the drive.’
- ‘This is to hold the 4 penny washers in place which in turn hold the coupling rods on the pins.’
- ‘Additional clearance can be generated by counterboring the coupling rod to accept the head of the bush.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.