One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a weapon) manufactured by an illegal cottage industry.
- ‘‘In every village at least two dozen families possess countrymade revolvers,’ said an officer.’
- ‘Extra points would also be awarded to teams that thwart rivals with apparatus such as countrymade pistols, knives, etc.’
- ‘The bullets were used in countrymade weapons or by hunters.’
- ‘Alam has also been accused of planting two countrymade pistols and ammunition on the place of occurrence in a bid to show them as recovered from the possession of the trio.’
- ‘According to police sources, the arrested persons were supplying the countrymade revolvers at different parts of the state.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.