One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Time spent teaching in a rural school, formerly required of every state teacher.‘I met my wife in Kaikohe, where she was completing country service’
- ‘The conditions under which teachers do country service will be reviewed in the context of salary claims received from the New Zealand Educational Institute.’
- ‘From the 1940s all teachers were required to undertake country service.’
- ‘The Party wants teachers who do any country service to be fast-tracked for permanency.’
- ‘These communities are often the first posting for graduate teachers sent to 'do their country service.'’
- ‘He was a "townie" teacher doing his country service at Duvauchelles' school.’
- ‘A specialist art teacher at a secondary school complained about the requirement that he either serve three years in a school approved for "country service", or forgo salary increments.’
- ‘This created dissatisfaction among country teachers who saw it as a subterfuge by city teachers to avoid country service.’
- ‘Teachers were trained for country service while at Training College.’
- ‘She explicitly embraced country service as her professional duty.’
- ‘A townie teacher doing country service pinned up a picture of a sheep and asked the class what it was.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.