One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Food from wild animals and plants, especially in remote northern regions.‘Nunavut sponsors community hunts to make more country food available’as count noun ‘people really want to know how shop-bought foods compare to country foods’‘people really want to know how store-bought foods compare to country foods’
- ‘The North needs tourism development and the marketing of country food.’
- ‘Everyone gathered in the arena for a community feast of country foods.’
- ‘All Nunavummiut have a responsibility in protecting the environment that provides us with country foods.’
- ‘A lot of elders depend on the younger generation to supply them with country food.’
- ‘Kimmirut residents wait for a scrumptious feast of country food.’
- ‘Beaulne said there's a lot of emphasis on the superior qualities of country food.’
- ‘Country food is one of the healthiest forms of wild meat.’
- ‘A number of communities are re-emphasizing the importance of country food.’
- ‘While traditional country food is more economical and offers nutritional benefits, there are barriers to its consumption.’
- ‘She has said losing the nutritional, economic and cultural benefits of country foods can make people sick.’
- ‘Donations of country food, sent free of charge via First Air, arrive regularly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.