One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An equivalent or equal, especially in military strategy.as modifier ‘countervalue weapons’
- ‘In other words, axiological targeting sees nonmilitary centers of gravity as more strategic and countervalue targets as more important than counterforce targets.’
- ‘As for targeting strategy, finally, it appears that the country is developing a modified countervalue approach - putting an adversary's civilian assets at risk.’
- ‘The country envisioned retaliation against strategic and tactical attacks and would probably strike countervalue rather than counterforce targets.’
- ‘Given what the author assumes will be the ICBM force's problems with accuracy, he recommends a countervalue strategy that he deems sufficient to deter U.S. intervention in the country's affairs.’
- ‘As the dual classification of ‘enemy leadership’ suggests, there can be overlap between counterforce and countervalue targets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.