Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The emotional reaction of the analyst to the subject's contribution.
- ‘Rennie prefers ‘working alliance’ to ‘therapeutic alliance’ because the latter has been used where the focus is on transference and counter-transference.’
- ‘It is equally important to explore your own counter-transference in these situations.’
- ‘Issues of counter-transference may arise, triggering poorly understood but powerful feelings.’
- ‘In spite of his recognition of transference and counter-transference, Freud continued to maintain that he was a scientist until his death.’
- ‘The main transference and counter-transference, however, was directed back to the couple and their interaction.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.