One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Rotate in opposite directions, especially about the same axis.‘technological advances such as counterrotating balanced shafts’
- ‘It has counterrotating agitators that allow for curd movement at lower agitator speeds.’
- ‘Low-speed turning by sunfish involves the generation of paired counterrotating vortices by the strong-side pectoral fin.’
- ‘In addition, the counterrotating tracks allow an excavator to turn completely around within its own length for easy maneuvering in tight spaces.’
- ‘Since cone and plate are counterrotating, a fluid layer exists within the chamber that does not rotate even during flow.’
- ‘For oscillating pectoral fins, a recurring pattern within planar flow fields is the production of paired counterrotating vortices with a central high-velocity fluid jet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.