One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A punch thrown in return for one received.
- ‘Secondly, fighters can choose to block incoming blows outright or parry them, providing a split second or two to get in a quick counterpunch.’
- ‘He came on strong late in the four-round bout, consistently landing counterpunches against the overeager fighter.’
- ‘Kenneth threw a counterpunch and Malcolm stumbled backwards, giving his cousin time to speak.’
- ‘Against Toney, Jirov averaged nearly 90 punches a round despite being nailed with some powerful counterpunches.’
- ‘Mosley's body punches could leave openings for counterpunches to the head.’
Throw a counterpunch.‘Petty counterpunched, regaining the lead’
- ‘The aggressive Orbillo forced the action and the slick Quarry counterpunched beautifully.’
- ‘Dirrell counterpunched his way to an easy victory in the second fight of the day at Peristeri Olympic Boxing Hall.’
- ‘With Lieberman peaking late, Weicker did not have a chance to counterpunch.’
- ‘In the third, Khan again extended his lead to four points, counterpunching the counterpuncher to great effect and went into the final round 12-8 in the lead.’
- ‘He also counterpunched effectively while landing more shots to the head than almost any competitor so far.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.