One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sum of money accrued in a local currency arising from goods or services received from abroad.
- ‘As much as 60 per cent of the ERP counterpart funds were used for industry and infrastructures, while agriculture only received 29 per cent.’
- ‘The money from these sales, called counterpart funds, remained in the local currency in a special account.’
- ‘France and Italy used their counterpart funds to combat inflation and enforce budgetary restraint.’
- ‘They have put together one million US dollars in counterpart funds and are waiting for donors to contribute the remaining US $5 million that the studies will require.’
- ‘All of the aid counterpart funds were available from the start of the year and any delays in aid projects were not due to lack of funding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.