One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the late 1980s, about twenty-five years after the publication of our book, two significant countermovements began to appear.’
- ‘Another explains why athletes performing a standing jump can jump higher if they make a countermovement, bending their knees immediately before extending them.’
- ‘Much has transpired since then, as various movements and countermovements coursed through Icelandic art, as influences from abroad were assimilated, and as local approaches developed.’
- ‘No countermovement of the trunk or knees was allowed.’
- ‘Clearly, ID is making serious in-roads in the U.S. political and cultural landscape, and nothing less than an equally spirited countermovement by scientists and other academics will stem the tide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.