One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Much has transpired since then, as various movements and countermovements coursed through Icelandic art, as influences from abroad were assimilated, and as local approaches developed.’
- ‘No countermovement of the trunk or knees was allowed.’
- ‘Another explains why athletes performing a standing jump can jump higher if they make a countermovement, bending their knees immediately before extending them.’
- ‘Clearly, ID is making serious in-roads in the U.S. political and cultural landscape, and nothing less than an equally spirited countermovement by scientists and other academics will stem the tide.’
- ‘In the late 1980s, about twenty-five years after the publication of our book, two significant countermovements began to appear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.