One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Contrary to or tending to counteract the fluctuations in an economic cycle.‘they used countercyclical monetary policy to try to stabilize prices’
- ‘In the early 1960s, party policymakers moved beyond these built-in countercyclical effects.’
- ‘We know that the share of self-employment in the economy is a countercyclical measure.’
- ‘The committee tried to make emergency checks permanent with about $66 billion for countercyclical payments over 10 years.’
- ‘In effect, the total economy possesses an automatic countercyclical mechanism.’
- ‘Even prior to the advent of these grants, welfare's role as a countercyclical measure was waning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.