One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘From the 1960s onward, Trocchi became a countercultural media figure rather than a writer.’
- ‘She drifted around the countercultural communities at Newbury, where she spent four months, and Faslane, where she joined the peace camp.’
- ‘Any allegedly countercultural activity eventually comes full circle and the early adopters say ‘it's not how it used to be.’’
- ‘The word was first used by disillusioned American Democrats in the 1970s, when they rebelled against the countercultural leftists who had taken over their party.’
- ‘It's folksy, romantic and feminine, but with a countercultural edge to it, too.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.