Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A drilled hole that has a wider section at the top.
- ‘A counterbore surrounds each rivet receiving opening in the flat bottom surface.’
- ‘In the new design, the holes are formed with a lead-in chamfer to facilitate pushpin insertion and a counterbore formed inside the hole that creates a shoulder to hold the pins in place.’
- ‘This is followed by a two-pass drilling operation to produce the counterbore and the bolthole.’
- 1.1A drill whose bit has a uniform smaller diameter near the tip, for drilling counterbores in one operation.
Drill a counterbore in (an object)‘dies are counterbored to prevent material build-up’
- ‘Some operations, such as counterboring the mounting holes for the chuck, could have been done more easily using my Grizzly mini-mill, but I wanted to present a plan that would work for lathe owners who have only the stock lathe and a drill press.’
- ‘A tool steel mandrel and durable hardened steel mounting blocks provide positive grip and the 1.5’ feed length is perfect for deep counterboring and additional accessories.’
- ‘If the wood is thicker than three-fourths of an inch, you can either substitute longer screws or counterbore the interior surface of the door or drawer so that the screw head is recessed into the wood.’
- ‘The end of the sleeve inside the mount was shortened and counterbored to accommodate the 0.16 NA beam.’
- ‘This learning module will show you how to perform four internal machining operations on the engine lathe: drilling, boring, counterboring, and reaming.’
- ‘I also counterbored the top holes and plugged them.’
- ‘Headless press fit bushings offer two advantages: they can be installed flush with the jig plate without counterboring the mounting hole and they can be mounted closer together than headed bushings.’
- ‘After counterboring to (in this case a very thin wall) allow the barrel lens to fit back into the adapter and near the iris the fit is verified in the lathe.’
- ‘It is an optional tiebar style with mounting holes drilled and counterbored for 1/4 inch SHCS.’
- ‘When you're faced with the problems of ovality, camber, or drift in drawn or cast tubing, we'll use counterboring to re-size a hole to a controlled dimension.’
- ‘There are those operations that are strictly drilling operations, but we also use drilling machines to perform other operations such as reaming, tapping, countersinking and counterboring.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.