Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An accusation made in turn by someone against their accuser.‘the entire saga was made up of accusation and counter-accusation’
- ‘Accusations and counter-accusations of all sorts were flying around in the heat of the debate.’
- ‘When confronted with the police report, he rebutted with a counter-accusation that surprised the two officials supervising the interview.’
- ‘Accusations and counter-accusations have been flung between leaders of the two parties, but both organizations blame their defeat on the apathy of the voters.’
- ‘One can well imagine his bewilderment as he tried to sift through accusation and counter-accusation.’
- ‘Desperate attempts to avert the fire strike continued until the very last minute - before breaking down in a welter of bitter accusations and counter-accusations.’
- ‘He made a counter-accusation against the informant for betraying military information.’
- ‘In the following days, the assembly was dominated by accusations and counter-accusations that disrupted deliberations on an emergency budget package.’
- ‘Accusations and counter-accusations fly as the ground rules change and the topics blur into a kaleidoscope of issues.’
- ‘The government should now end the confidence-sapping drip-drip of accusation and counter-accusation.’
- ‘On the face of it, the dispute concerns a series of accusations and counter-accusations about corrupt and criminal activity.’
- ‘You will come across an email from a co-worker and then you will waste both time and energy composing your reply, replete with subtle counter-accusations.’
- ‘There have been insinuations, accusations, denials and counter-accusations.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.