One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be impatient for time to pass.‘they counted the days until they came home on leave’
- ‘Ramon was counting the hours until his family would come to visit.’
- ‘The man who desperately needs to make a change in his life is now counting the days until he's finally free.’
- ‘And they say, ‘Mommy, we're counting the days until we come home.’’
- ‘Each time you leave after visiting me, I start counting the days until you will return.’
- ‘The time passes man - just keep busy, don't count the days.’
- ‘We've passed another month counting the days, have lived our lives in resigned routine waiting only for the weekend when we could be together again.’
- ‘And Harry Potter fans, are you counting the hours until the release of the long-awaited sixth book in the series?’
- ‘Things are looking good, I'm excited, and I'm counting the hours until I get to break the seal on the CD.’
- ‘After learning the basics of our government, I counted the days until I turned 18 and could register to vote.’
- ‘I am now counting the days until the DVD comes out!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.