One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I averted my eyes and glared at the cougher.’
- ‘He suggests that if you are a persistent cougher, you should see a physician and have the cough checked, just to be sure there is nothing more serious behind it.’
- ‘It seems common experience in concert halls and theatres that we cannot suppress a cough, although the cougher and his neighbours may disagree about this.’
- ‘There have been croaky coughers everywhere you turn, all sneezing away, hoping to get rid of their infection by passing it on to you.’
- ‘Avoid close contact, especially with sneezers or coughers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.