One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Avoid close contact, especially with sneezers or coughers.’
- ‘It seems common experience in concert halls and theatres that we cannot suppress a cough, although the cougher and his neighbours may disagree about this.’
- ‘He suggests that if you are a persistent cougher, you should see a physician and have the cough checked, just to be sure there is nothing more serious behind it.’
- ‘I averted my eyes and glared at the cougher.’
- ‘There have been croaky coughers everywhere you turn, all sneezing away, hoping to get rid of their infection by passing it on to you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.