One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I can see that you, too, are wearing your pajamas - the plaid, cottony ones.’
- ‘Additionally, as one might imagine, the cottony head of the plant made an excellent all-purpose swab.’
- ‘The sky was a powder blue and white, cottony clouds rolled by, sometimes passing by the sun and blocking its rays and creating shadows on earth.’
- ‘When you tear one of the pods open, you can see that the inside is lined with a cottony padding, which I thought very pretty and delicate.’
- ‘Her hands made contact with soft, cottony material.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.