One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Used for emphasis.‘just a cotton-picking minute!’
- ‘I said, ‘Wait a cotton-picking minute - I've always known him, knew he was a good operator and all that, but don't talk to me about taking over this thing now.‘’
- ‘Well, one mighty big business that has been especially loud about telling government to keep its cotton-picking hands out of their business is the meat industry.’
- ‘So why is my cotton-picking mind thinking about hamburgers?’
- ‘But hang on just one cotton-picking minute!’
- ‘And I hope he'll remember me and Fred, and keep his cotton-picking paws off my fiancée's sunflowers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.