One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Used for emphasis.‘just a cotton-picking minute!’
- ‘So why is my cotton-picking mind thinking about hamburgers?’
- ‘Well, one mighty big business that has been especially loud about telling government to keep its cotton-picking hands out of their business is the meat industry.’
- ‘But hang on just one cotton-picking minute!’
- ‘And I hope he'll remember me and Fred, and keep his cotton-picking paws off my fiancée's sunflowers.’
- ‘I said, ‘Wait a cotton-picking minute - I've always known him, knew he was a good operator and all that, but don't talk to me about taking over this thing now.‘’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.