A dish of minced meat topped with browned mashed potato.
- ‘My selection was the duck cottage pie, which wasn't quite what I expected.’
- ‘Fish and chips, roast rib of beef, cottage pie, potted shrimps, Scotch egg with whisky mayonnaise, egg custard tart - all are revealed in a new and contemporary light.’
- ‘He said she would demand that the leftovers from Sunday lunch were recycled during the week, for the creation of dishes such as cottage pie.’
- ‘However, I've always found them overly fussy and diverging from the cottage pie of my childhood, so I'd made it my goal to experiment until I found the ideal combination.’
- ‘Today, I baked a cottage pie - minced beef, carrots, onions, mushrooms and a topping of mashed potato sprinkled with grated cheese.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.