Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Soft, lumpy white cheese made from the curds of skimmed milk.
- ‘Include cottage cheese, yogurt and even low-fat cheeses as protein sources in your diet.’
- ‘There are also low fat alternatives to dairy products such as low fat cream cheese, ricotta, cottage cheese, cheddars and yoghurts.’
- ‘Dairy products like yogurt and cottage cheese, soy products and peanut butter are all good sources of protein.’
- ‘Top with jam, peanut butter, almond butter, low fat cottage cheese, light cream cheese or lox.’
- ‘A soft cheese or cottage cheese won't last as long as a hard cheese such as Cheddar.’
- ‘I upped the protein with cottage cheese and boosted the fiber with whole-wheat bread.’
- ‘Blend spinach and ricotta or cottage cheese in a blender or work together through a sieve.’
- ‘In the dining room, a bowl of yogurt and cottage cheese was waiting for me.’
- ‘The dough will be alarmingly wet, resembling large-curd cottage cheese.’
- ‘He set before me eggs and toast, tea, and a small cup of peaches with cottage cheese.’
- ‘However, hard cheeses are not affected and no health warning was ever issued about cottage cheese, cream cheese or fromage fraîs.’
- ‘If this is unavailable to you, my best substitution guess would be half thick yogurt and half cottage cheese.’
- ‘The protein from cottage cheese hits the blood by workout time, sparing muscle breakdown.’
- ‘Mix cottage cheese with fruit in the morning, drink milk with one or more of your meals, and have a yogurt as a midday snack.’
- ‘If you choose to remove meat from your diet, then you need to rely on other protein sources such as eggs, cottage cheese or soy.’
- ‘These days you can buy lactose-reduced versions of ice cream, cottage cheese, and yogurt.’
- ‘It has cottage cheese qualities, but no cottage cheese is actually used in this spread.’
- ‘The cooked soymilk is formed into bean curd, much like making cottage cheese from milk.’
- ‘While he was gone, Grandma came over to bring Mother some butter and cottage cheese.’
- ‘Instead, they eat more egg whites, cottage cheese, soy shakes and protein-based foods.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.