One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Costa Rica or its people.‘a Costa Rican rainforest’
- ‘Although American-born, his family is Costa Rican, and he spent enough of his youth there to consider it home.’
- ‘Frank is not your typical Costa Rican coffee farmer.’
- ‘Costa Rican people are believers in herbal medicine.’
- ‘These memories, warm as the Costa Rican midday sun, turn slowly through my mind as the plane whips over entire countries.’
- ‘The extended family is the basis of Costa Rican society.’
A native or inhabitant of Costa Rica.‘the three-day race was won by a native Costa Rican’
- ‘Lobo, an energetic Costa Rican who looks as if he's in his 40s, leads us through his 1-hectare farm.’
- ‘Regardless of their current social standing, most Costa Ricans have some connection to coffee.’
- ‘Costa Ricans have generally conservative family values and relationships.’
- ‘This is a country that boasts more professors than policemen, and sometimes it seems more tourists than Costa Ricans.’
- ‘The jubilant Costa Ricans, who have only once made it out of the group stages at a World Cup, will take on Italy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.