One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The classical skyscraper is one of Gotham's gifts to the world, the urbane expression of its technical genius, wealth, and confident cosmopolitanism.’
- ‘For many people this was an unknown world, yet they left the museum surprised by the cultural wealth and cosmopolitanism of Iran and Central Asia, where most of the works shown were made.’
- ‘As the trappings of cosmopolitanism began appearing, with smart cafes and trendy bookstores down the road from rusting cars in front yards, resentment mounted.’
- ‘They even provide a kind of back-door cosmopolitanism, ensuring that many people will learn something about diverse areas of the world, regardless of whether they are much interested in doing so.’
- ‘My cosmopolitanism, my ability to read ancient Tamil love poetry, my advanced degrees become irrelevant in the face of such appalling culpability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.