Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An arbitrary constant in the field equations of general relativity.
- ‘Quintessence is dynamic, unlike the cosmological constant, and its average energy density and pressure slowly decay with time.’
- ‘On the plus side, the vanishing vacuum energy that is implied by supersymmetry ensures that the cosmological constant vanishes.’
- ‘We are making fast progress on understanding the implications of the existence of a cosmological constant for quantum gravity.’
- ‘Einstein introduced the cosmological constant to his equations of general relativity because he believed the universe was static.’
- ‘Why is the cosmological constant, which characterizes the energy density of the vacuum, so small?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.