Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An arbitrary constant in the field equations of general relativity.
- ‘Einstein introduced the cosmological constant to his equations of general relativity because he believed the universe was static.’
- ‘Why is the cosmological constant, which characterizes the energy density of the vacuum, so small?’
- ‘We are making fast progress on understanding the implications of the existence of a cosmological constant for quantum gravity.’
- ‘Quintessence is dynamic, unlike the cosmological constant, and its average energy density and pressure slowly decay with time.’
- ‘On the plus side, the vanishing vacuum energy that is implied by supersymmetry ensures that the cosmological constant vanishes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.