One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the origin and development of the universe.‘the general theory of relativity led to major developments in cosmological theory’
- ‘No spatial stretching occurs, yet many of the observational tests of a cosmological model are verified.’
- ‘You could read that in a cosmological way, as a belief that the universe is cyclical and is going to recur.’
- ‘Cosmological arguments attempt to prove God exists through features of the universe.’
- ‘Cosmological scientists indicate that at some point it seems likely that our sun will cool down.’
- ‘Physicists are using supercomputers to tackle problems such as understanding the evolution of the universe on a cosmological scale.’
- ‘Current cosmological big bang models are based on a solution of Einstein's field equation.’
- ‘The temple architecture reflects calendric and cosmological time cycles.’
- ‘When Einstein first put his theories of relativity together, he included a cosmological constant, a number that accounted for this acceleration of the universe's expansion.’
- ‘In the 1930s, the universe had been shown to be expanding, so the cosmological constant seemed to be erroneous.’
- ‘The cosmological doctrines are perhaps the most needed in the task of laying down the foundations of the physical and biological sciences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.