One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The professional skill or practice of beautifying the face, hair, and skin.
- ‘In many schools vocational programs remained segregated with cosmetology and secretarial courses only for women and electrical and automotive courses only for men.’
- ‘Ultimately he dropped out before finishing his cosmetology training.’
- ‘Only her plans for going for an MD in cosmetology had to be put on hold as her jet-setting career kept her busy.’
- ‘She said they also have cosmetology and a ‘foal’ program where inmates work with baby horses.’
- ‘But chatter about the prime minister's possible adventures in aggressive cosmetology preceded and transcended that tidbit.’
- ‘This year's exhibition introduces a wide range of spa-related activities - from the latest spa sessions, spa music therapy, essential oils, spa hot-spring hotels, spa trips and cosmetology seminars.’
- ‘She said her dream is to own a training institute where people can learn and enhance their skills in beauty culture and cosmetology.’
- ‘But these days, in addition to learning the basics of cosmetology, beauty-school students learn how to do facials, manicures/pedicures, massage and hair removal techniques.’
- ‘Fortuitously, she received the support of Elizabeth Arden, the well-known cosmetology expert who by then already had her famous and fabulously successful line of beauty products and spas.’
- ‘His passion for hair led him to cosmetology school.’
- ‘I had found a home course for cosmetology and had been studying.’
- ‘After all, it just wouldn't have made sense if Joan of Arc had opted for a career in cosmetology or Einstein had decided to forgo physics to pursue the life of a rodeo clown.’
- ‘Many courses - like cosmetology - are not being provided by government.’
- ‘Two years after graduating from high school, Stacie began attending cosmetology school full time.’
- ‘At times, Lip Service seems to do for cosmetology what Dante attempted for cosmology.’
- ‘The rise of " cosmeceuticals " blurs the lines between dermatology and cosmetology in ways that many consumers don't understand.’
- ‘African hair braiding uses no chemicals and doesn't involve pedicures or haircutting, while cosmetology training doesn't address hair braiding at all.’
- ‘One set of twins was arrested for not having a licence to practice cosmetology.’
- ‘Elise will be a junior this fall, and she's been floundering between cosmetology and studio art.’
- ‘In accordance with custom, the casket remains closed and there is no embalming or cosmetology performed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.