One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The professional skill or practice of beautifying the face, hair, and skin.
- ‘Fortuitously, she received the support of Elizabeth Arden, the well-known cosmetology expert who by then already had her famous and fabulously successful line of beauty products and spas.’
- ‘After all, it just wouldn't have made sense if Joan of Arc had opted for a career in cosmetology or Einstein had decided to forgo physics to pursue the life of a rodeo clown.’
- ‘But chatter about the prime minister's possible adventures in aggressive cosmetology preceded and transcended that tidbit.’
- ‘But these days, in addition to learning the basics of cosmetology, beauty-school students learn how to do facials, manicures/pedicures, massage and hair removal techniques.’
- ‘This year's exhibition introduces a wide range of spa-related activities - from the latest spa sessions, spa music therapy, essential oils, spa hot-spring hotels, spa trips and cosmetology seminars.’
- ‘Two years after graduating from high school, Stacie began attending cosmetology school full time.’
- ‘His passion for hair led him to cosmetology school.’
- ‘She said they also have cosmetology and a ‘foal’ program where inmates work with baby horses.’
- ‘In many schools vocational programs remained segregated with cosmetology and secretarial courses only for women and electrical and automotive courses only for men.’
- ‘The rise of " cosmeceuticals " blurs the lines between dermatology and cosmetology in ways that many consumers don't understand.’
- ‘One set of twins was arrested for not having a licence to practice cosmetology.’
- ‘In accordance with custom, the casket remains closed and there is no embalming or cosmetology performed.’
- ‘Only her plans for going for an MD in cosmetology had to be put on hold as her jet-setting career kept her busy.’
- ‘She said her dream is to own a training institute where people can learn and enhance their skills in beauty culture and cosmetology.’
- ‘Many courses - like cosmetology - are not being provided by government.’
- ‘At times, Lip Service seems to do for cosmetology what Dante attempted for cosmology.’
- ‘African hair braiding uses no chemicals and doesn't involve pedicures or haircutting, while cosmetology training doesn't address hair braiding at all.’
- ‘Ultimately he dropped out before finishing his cosmetology training.’
- ‘I had found a home course for cosmetology and had been studying.’
- ‘Elise will be a junior this fall, and she's been floundering between cosmetology and studio art.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.