One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As always, extreme makeover or not, if you're not happy with who you are on the inside, cosmetically changing the outside will never make up for it.’
- ‘During its operation as a function centre, night spot and disco, it has been looked after cosmetically, but beneath the surface expensive restoration work is necessary.’
- ‘Squint surgery corrects the misalignment cosmetically; however there can be no visual function improvement in that eye.’
- ‘Essential oils will penetrate to the epidermis (bottom layer of skin) to exert their beneficial effects, and work cosmetically to help slow the aging process.’
- ‘In 2004, the downloader - at least cosmetically - has gone from being the music industry's archenemy to its best mate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.