Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for hydrocortisone
- ‘The answer to these questions lies with the hormone cortisol, which plays a crucial role in triggering birth.’
- ‘There can be loss of secretion of both cortisol and aldosterone if there is destruction of the adrenal glands by tumour or infection.’
- ‘The hormones cortisol, serotonin and tryptophan may be affected by sunlight, as well.’
- ‘Because cortisol mobilizes amino acids, it is effective in helping to repair damaged tissue.’
- ‘Chemicals such as adrenaline, noradrenaline and cortisol are pumped into the bloodstream.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.