Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for hydrocortisone
- ‘There can be loss of secretion of both cortisol and aldosterone if there is destruction of the adrenal glands by tumour or infection.’
- ‘The answer to these questions lies with the hormone cortisol, which plays a crucial role in triggering birth.’
- ‘Chemicals such as adrenaline, noradrenaline and cortisol are pumped into the bloodstream.’
- ‘The hormones cortisol, serotonin and tryptophan may be affected by sunlight, as well.’
- ‘Because cortisol mobilizes amino acids, it is effective in helping to repair damaged tissue.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.