One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for hydrocortisone
- ‘Because cortisol mobilizes amino acids, it is effective in helping to repair damaged tissue.’
- ‘Chemicals such as adrenaline, noradrenaline and cortisol are pumped into the bloodstream.’
- ‘The hormones cortisol, serotonin and tryptophan may be affected by sunlight, as well.’
- ‘The answer to these questions lies with the hormone cortisol, which plays a crucial role in triggering birth.’
- ‘There can be loss of secretion of both cortisol and aldosterone if there is destruction of the adrenal glands by tumour or infection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.