One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for adrenocorticotrophic hormone
- ‘He wrote, ‘There is no doubt that in the five cases herein reported corticotropin and cortisone brought about changes that could not have been produced so regularly by any other known method of treatment.’’
- ‘Like depression, post-traumatic stress disorder is associated with increased secretion of corticotropin releasing hormone.’
- ‘Receptors for corticotropin and the glucocorticoid hormones have been cloned and mechanisms of action elucidated.’
- ‘The increase in these stress hormones is probably caused by the master stress hormone, corticotropin releasing hormone.’
- ‘In fact, neither cortisol levels at baseline nor response to the corticotropin test were measured to assess for possible adrenal insufficiency.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.