One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of steroid hormones produced in the adrenal cortex or made synthetically. There are two kinds: glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids. They have various metabolic functions and some are used to treat inflammation.
- ‘To treat severe symptoms, corticosteroids are injected directly into the affected joint.’
- ‘Researchers don't fully understand how corticosteroids suppress inflammation.’
- ‘You may need to use a topical corticosteroid to treat inflamed areas.’
- ‘When a woman goes into preterm labor, she usually is given a type of steroid drug called a corticosteroid.’
- ‘The patient was treated with corticosteroids, which provided brief relief from her symptoms.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.