Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a group of steroid hormones produced in the adrenal cortex or made synthetically. There are two kinds: glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids. They have various metabolic functions and some are used to treat inflammation.
- ‘When a woman goes into preterm labor, she usually is given a type of steroid drug called a corticosteroid.’
- ‘You may need to use a topical corticosteroid to treat inflamed areas.’
- ‘The patient was treated with corticosteroids, which provided brief relief from her symptoms.’
- ‘Researchers don't fully understand how corticosteroids suppress inflammation.’
- ‘To treat severe symptoms, corticosteroids are injected directly into the affected joint.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.