One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He also stressed that the money - which represents a fraction of his estimated $1.4 billion fortune - had been earned legitimately through business, not corruptly in office.’
- ‘If that particular licence or approval or authority has been obtained on the basis of a bribe, i.e. obtained corruptly, that can have ramifications for the organisation when it comes to make future investments.’
- ‘Every elector who corruptly accepts or takes any such food, drink, entertainment, or provision also commits the offence of treating.’
- ‘They have taken with them at least US $5 billion in corruptly obtained earnings.’
- ‘If a university had been caught taking money from a private school in exchange for lowering the entrance criteria for its pupils, the government would have accused it, quite rightly, of behaving corruptly and unfairly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.