One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘By contrast, there is much evidence that the post-1913 system has been deeply corruptive.’
- ‘Power is not inherently virtuous (and power is not inherently corruptive, either).’
- ‘Protecting the integrity of racing from corruptive forces is his priority - and the investigation into claims of skulduggery following the explosion in betting exchanges are top of his ‘to do’ list.’
- ‘Rather an action, or set of actions, is corruptive of an institution in so far as the action, or actions, have a negative moral effect on the institution.’
- ‘Nothing is gained, however, by calling melodrama, or melodramatic violence, morally corruptive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.