One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A nuisance associated with hydrogen sulfide includes its corrosiveness to metals such as iron, steel, copper and brass.’
- ‘Skin corrosiveness testing is conducted to ensure that chemicals and products are properly labeled to alert consumers and workers to take precautions to prevent chemical burns to the skin.’
- ‘He slouches with disappointment and straightens with hope, matching Terri's corrosiveness with his own brand of compassion and burrowing into the female enclave of Terri's home with both tenderness and tenacity.’
- ‘Disadvantages include storage, corrosiveness, and fuel waste due to ‘crossover’ in the fuel-cell membrane.’
- ‘Because of the corrosiveness of the wastewater, underground pipelines should be constructed of plastic or other non-corrosive materials.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.