One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Bloom's fame arose from the way he corrosively attacked universities for failing to open students' minds by exposing them to the philosophic quest for understanding that enriches the human spirit.’
- ‘Most corrosively, however, is that the distrust of medical professionals is breeding contempt for all that is associated with medical science.’
- ‘Indecision corrosively blights a community and our residents deserve better.’
- ‘A director famed for creating self-consciously radical, wildly unconventional, corrosively satirical, and savagely violent works could do worse then take on board an actor who personifies those traits in his everyday life.’
- ‘Don't jump in just anywhere though: with such corrosively saline water, access to a shower is essential.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.