One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ballad in a traditional Mexican style, typically having lyrics that narrate a historical event.‘several corridos devoted to the tragedy were composed’
- ‘That same year, Chalino composed a corrido about his brother that launched his musical career.’
- ‘But Hernandez says that even the corridos featuring fictional characters reflect the realities of Mexican life.’
- ‘In migrant communities, however, the corrido remains the newspaper of illiterate people.’
- ‘People believe a corrido much more than anything the authorities tell them.’
- ‘Her father worked in factories while singing corridos in Mexican nightclubs around Los Angeles.’
- ‘Soon after his mysterious death in 1992, close to 150 corridos about his plight were recorded.’
- ‘Mr. Garcia's repertory includes songs of desperate lovers and other more traditional corrido themes.’
- ‘The corrido has long been an expression reflecting public values and a community's interpretation of the historical process.’
- ‘A commissioned corrido, on the other hand, is a story based more on a specific person.’
- ‘Corridos narrate stories about revolution, crime, heroic showdowns, horse races and natural disasters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.