One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A college offering correspondence courses.
- ‘Much like the promoters of online learning, correspondence schools emphasized the benefits of learning in the comfort of one's home, at one's own pace.’
- ‘What impressions does the film give about the importance of the correspondence schools in nation building?’
- ‘David Noble's work on the history of correspondence schools is exemplary in this regard.’
- ‘For many with families at home the kitchen is the scene of family activity - even correspondence school lessons.’
- ‘Both authors took an active part in the correspondence school created by Prof. Gelfand and his collaborators.’
- ‘In November 1993 he met, through the Open University (a British correspondence college for which he is a tutor), another English-speaking player from Gloucester.’
- ‘School was interesting in that I did subjects I'd never done before in my correspondence school, and it opened other avenues.’
- ‘For children in isolated areas, a public correspondence school enables them to send their homework assignments by mail.’
- ‘She learned to make dresses after she took a course with correspondence college in 1990.’
- ‘The concept of distance learning is not new; correspondence schools have been in existence for decades.’
- ‘He taught at the art correspondence school in Minneapolis.’
- ‘Erhard put his new ideas and new self to work as a traveling salesman for a correspondence school.’
- ‘Alternative schooling, home schooling, and state-run correspondence school is available and government-approved.’
- ‘In 1992 Gelfand set up a programme in the United States similar to the correspondence school in mathematics which he had run in Russia.’
- ‘She keeps up with her education via correspondence school, and has become fluent in English.’
- ‘Students studying to become teachers through correspondence schools can gain practical experience by sitting in on classes and observing.’
- ‘A correspondence school for teacher training showed me their beautiful manuals illustrating materials and teaching methods for ages 3-6 and grades 1-3.’
- ‘Chen opened a number of politically oriented enterprises, including highly profitable correspondence schools.’
- ‘Her qualification is a PhD in nutrition - from a correspondence college in Birmingham, Alabama.’
- ‘Students are still receiving and returning work to the S.A. correspondence school where it is marked before being returned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.