One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or thing that corrects something, especially a computer program or electronic device with a specified function.‘a spelling corrector’
- ‘They see themselves as competitors, correctors, potential contributors.’
- ‘Not only were these eyesight correctors the brightest shade of pink ever discovered, but also scattered on their surface were delicately shaped diamonds and various gemstones.’
- ‘While professional color correctors will undoubtedly want to use the more precise controls, a combination of Auto Color and Auto Levels will quickly transform dull and casted images into usable results in most cases.’
- ‘If there were that many upgrades without appeal from just five correctors, how many other inaccurate results are out there?’
- ‘Now authors had to rely on a range of skilled workmen, such as compositors, proof correctors, and press operators.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.