One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In normocytic anemias, the mean corpuscular volume is within defined normal limits, but the hemoglobin and hematocrit are decreased.’
- ‘For example, the corpuscular hypothesis implied that swifter rays would be less refracted by a prism than slower ones because they were exposed for a shorter time to the prism's influence.’
- ‘When the corpuscular theory of matter was developed and accepted (which could explain but not predict chemical changes in terms of transmutations), this belief was strengthened.’
- ‘High mean corpuscular volume, which is often a sign of either vitamin B12 or folate deficiency, has been found to be predictive for a risk of colorectal polyps in men.’
- ‘This complete blood count was done on an instrument which employs impedance and pulse editing technology in measuring the mean corpuscular volume.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.