One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This complete blood count was done on an instrument which employs impedance and pulse editing technology in measuring the mean corpuscular volume.’
- ‘In normocytic anemias, the mean corpuscular volume is within defined normal limits, but the hemoglobin and hematocrit are decreased.’
- ‘When the corpuscular theory of matter was developed and accepted (which could explain but not predict chemical changes in terms of transmutations), this belief was strengthened.’
- ‘High mean corpuscular volume, which is often a sign of either vitamin B12 or folate deficiency, has been found to be predictive for a risk of colorectal polyps in men.’
- ‘For example, the corpuscular hypothesis implied that swifter rays would be less refracted by a prism than slower ones because they were exposed for a shorter time to the prism's influence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.