One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An elected member of a municipal corporation.
- ‘Later in the Council, corporators from all parties took serious exception to the Union's allegations against their fellow member.’
- ‘The council, comprising corporators and the president, meets once in a month or two.’
- ‘The leader of the civic body should lead and guide the team of corporators and councillors in fulfilling the parental duty, Justice Menon said.’
- ‘All the corporators and legislators of the city should be made to drink from the public taps in their respective wards/constituencies.’
- ‘Yet, today, even corporators in the BCC Council complain that nothing is being done, that there are more potholes than ever before.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.