One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An elected member of a municipal corporation.
- ‘Yet, today, even corporators in the BCC Council complain that nothing is being done, that there are more potholes than ever before.’
- ‘The council, comprising corporators and the president, meets once in a month or two.’
- ‘The leader of the civic body should lead and guide the team of corporators and councillors in fulfilling the parental duty, Justice Menon said.’
- ‘Later in the Council, corporators from all parties took serious exception to the Union's allegations against their fellow member.’
- ‘All the corporators and legislators of the city should be made to drink from the public taps in their respective wards/constituencies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.