Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An elected member of a municipal corporation.
- ‘The council, comprising corporators and the president, meets once in a month or two.’
- ‘All the corporators and legislators of the city should be made to drink from the public taps in their respective wards/constituencies.’
- ‘The leader of the civic body should lead and guide the team of corporators and councillors in fulfilling the parental duty, Justice Menon said.’
- ‘Yet, today, even corporators in the BCC Council complain that nothing is being done, that there are more potholes than ever before.’
- ‘Later in the Council, corporators from all parties took serious exception to the Union's allegations against their fellow member.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.