One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tax levied on companies' profits.
- ‘British business paid £29.3 billion in corporation tax, the tax on profits, last year.’
- ‘Behind that is the party's claim that it can do the same on corporation tax and income tax, if Scotland is given ‘fiscal independence’.’
- ‘Since McCreevy first took office, he has succeeded in reducing income tax, capital gains tax and corporation tax.’
- ‘The party wants to raise corporation tax to 15 per cent and impose a levy on financial institutions' profits.’
- ‘That too was a big mistake: corporation tax is charged on profits, and income tax on dividends paid out of taxed earnings.’
- ‘Pre-budget reports often focus on issues such as corporation tax or income tax.’
- ‘He also signalled help for manufacturing and other business, with measures including cuts in corporation tax and capital gains tax.’
- ‘They, in turn, might want to move on such issues as our favourable tax position on corporation tax.’
- ‘Around the world, governments are cutting taxes - especially income tax and corporation tax.’
- ‘The main taxes are income tax, corporation tax and withholding tax.’
- ‘Customs, excise, capital and corporation tax also came in lower than projected.’
- ‘Hunt argued that the present environment did not justify increasing corporation tax, indirect tax or income tax.’
- ‘Make sure that all your corporation tax, PAYE and Vat returns and payments are up to date.’
- ‘Revenue sources said its enquiries are examining liabilities for gift tax, income tax and corporation tax.’
- ‘Labour has also slashed corporation tax, a tax on business profits.’
- ‘The impact, not only of income tax, but inheritance tax, capital gains tax, corporation tax and stamp duty have to be considered.’
- ‘Few would argue with the levels of corporation tax or capital gains tax.’
- ‘Separately, the chancellor announced a freeze on rates of corporation tax and capital gains tax.’
- ‘Companies making qualifying investments will be able to deduct the full costs in arriving at their corporation tax or income tax bills.’
- ‘Customs and excise duties, stamp duties and corporation tax were all ahead of forecasts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.