One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tax levied on companies' profits.
- ‘Customs and excise duties, stamp duties and corporation tax were all ahead of forecasts.’
- ‘The main taxes are income tax, corporation tax and withholding tax.’
- ‘British business paid £29.3 billion in corporation tax, the tax on profits, last year.’
- ‘The impact, not only of income tax, but inheritance tax, capital gains tax, corporation tax and stamp duty have to be considered.’
- ‘Separately, the chancellor announced a freeze on rates of corporation tax and capital gains tax.’
- ‘Behind that is the party's claim that it can do the same on corporation tax and income tax, if Scotland is given ‘fiscal independence’.’
- ‘Pre-budget reports often focus on issues such as corporation tax or income tax.’
- ‘Make sure that all your corporation tax, PAYE and Vat returns and payments are up to date.’
- ‘Around the world, governments are cutting taxes - especially income tax and corporation tax.’
- ‘Customs, excise, capital and corporation tax also came in lower than projected.’
- ‘Revenue sources said its enquiries are examining liabilities for gift tax, income tax and corporation tax.’
- ‘That too was a big mistake: corporation tax is charged on profits, and income tax on dividends paid out of taxed earnings.’
- ‘The party wants to raise corporation tax to 15 per cent and impose a levy on financial institutions' profits.’
- ‘Labour has also slashed corporation tax, a tax on business profits.’
- ‘Since McCreevy first took office, he has succeeded in reducing income tax, capital gains tax and corporation tax.’
- ‘They, in turn, might want to move on such issues as our favourable tax position on corporation tax.’
- ‘Companies making qualifying investments will be able to deduct the full costs in arriving at their corporation tax or income tax bills.’
- ‘Hunt argued that the present environment did not justify increasing corporation tax, indirect tax or income tax.’
- ‘Few would argue with the levels of corporation tax or capital gains tax.’
- ‘He also signalled help for manufacturing and other business, with measures including cuts in corporation tax and capital gains tax.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.