One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Finely ground maize flour, used as a thickener in cooking; cornflour.
- ‘Meanwhile, in another medium saucepan, preferably one with a heavy bottom, whisk the eggs, sugar, and cornstarch together.’
- ‘Add the cornstarch and lime juice, whisking constantly.’
- ‘Bring the remaining sauce to a boil, add the cornstarch and simmer until thick, stirring constantly.’
- ‘Beat butter and mascarpone in a bowl until mixed, add sugar, vanilla and cornstarch.’
- ‘Mix the egg, salt, white pepper, and two tablespoons of the cornstarch in a medium to large bowl.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the egg yolks, egg, maple syrup, and cornstarch and whisk until smooth.’
- ‘In a medium bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, apple juice concentrate, and vanilla extract and whisk together.’
- ‘Combine your dry ingredients (sugar, cornstarch, salt) in a separate bowl.’
- ‘Combine cake flour, cornstarch, baking powder and enough water to make batter the consistency of light cream.’
- ‘Toss beef with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, salt, sugar and soy sauce and pepper in a glass bowl.’
- ‘In bowl, whisk together yolks, milk powder, sugar and cornstarch until pale and increased in volume.’
- ‘The cornstarch and the sugar will thicken it into a luscious sauce as it cooks.’
- ‘Transfer one cup of the mix to a medium bowl, whisk in the cornstarch, and set aside.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the eggs, egg yolks, cornstarch, sugar, and heavy cream.’
- ‘In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and cornstarch, baking powder, cinnamon, and milk.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine flour and cornstarch; season with salt and pepper to taste and whisk in soda water until smooth.’
- ‘In a small bowl, blend the cornstarch with the remaining ¼ cup water, and stir it into the cranberry mixture.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and eggs and whisk until smooth.’
- ‘When the egg whites are very stiff, add the cornstarch and the vanilla, whisking a few more turns, until firm peaks can be formed.’
- ‘Return to the heat; bring to a simmer and add the cornstarch slurry, whisking constantly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.