One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Jennifer is very warm and emotional, sometimes to the point of corniness.’
- ‘Though elegantly acted and shot overall, Man on the Train works best in its minutest parts, little idiosyncratic touches that bring humanity and humour to the mounting corniness.’
- ‘Tragically misplaced amongst a series of powerful speakers, the decrepit trio brought roars from the pressroom and discomfort for all who shun corniness.’
- ‘It probably seems unnecessary to write a corny eulogy for a man whose TV persona virtually defined corniness for over three decades.’
- ‘‘Flavors’ doesn't entirely escape the trap of the stereotype, but its greater flaw is one that afflicts most amateur scripts - corniness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.