One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The entrance hall is an elegant heart to this 112 square metre house and features original polished floorboards and a high corniced ceiling with centre rose and dado rail.’
- ‘It wasn't corniced at all and we enjoyed a straightforward traverse to the mountain's south-east ridge.’
- ‘At the moment the property includes an L-shaped entrance hall with a cream colour scheme and a corniced ceiling with decorative archway.’
- ‘Bedrooms have high, corniced ceilings and classical furnishings, and suites - which include the Imperial, one of Europe's most expensive - justify the label ‘sumptuous’.’
- ‘A porch with a solid teak front door opens onto a bright hallway with a polished French oak floor, a corniced ceiling, understairs storage and guest toilet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.