One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose job is to assist a boxer or wrestler at the corner between rounds.
- ‘His cornermen were unable to stop the bleeding between rounds, and the southpaw fought the entire second round with blood streaming down his face.’
- ‘Although, the boxing rule forbids Bungu to act as a cornerman as he holds a boxer's license, Boxing SA permitted Bungu to be in Funeka's corner during the fight.’
- ‘Everyplace you looked, you'd see cornermen like Charley Goldman, with a stub of a cigar in the corner of his mouth, tending to a fighter.’
- ‘I'm entering the ring with no robe, just black shorts and my cornermen around me.’
- ‘Now Tyson, still minus a chief trainer, must conquer both Etienne's almost supernatural determination and the savvy cornerman Tyson wanted for himself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.