One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A defensive back positioned to the outside of the linebackers.
- ‘Coach Bill Cowher needs better cover cornerbacks, a deep position in this draft.’
- ‘Premier cornerbacks and defensive ends are too valuable to cut loose, even when injuries are a concern.’
- ‘The Lions must find at least one solid outside linebacker and cornerback to be competitive.’
- ‘The Buccaneers brought linebackers, safeties and cornerbacks from every angle.’
- ‘They have blitzed much more this season than a year ago, bringing linebackers and cornerbacks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.