One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A defensive back positioned to the outside of the linebackers.
- ‘Premier cornerbacks and defensive ends are too valuable to cut loose, even when injuries are a concern.’
- ‘Coach Bill Cowher needs better cover cornerbacks, a deep position in this draft.’
- ‘They have blitzed much more this season than a year ago, bringing linebackers and cornerbacks.’
- ‘The Buccaneers brought linebackers, safeties and cornerbacks from every angle.’
- ‘The Lions must find at least one solid outside linebacker and cornerback to be competitive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.