Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A defensive back positioned to the outside of the linebackers.
- ‘The Lions must find at least one solid outside linebacker and cornerback to be competitive.’
- ‘The Buccaneers brought linebackers, safeties and cornerbacks from every angle.’
- ‘Coach Bill Cowher needs better cover cornerbacks, a deep position in this draft.’
- ‘Premier cornerbacks and defensive ends are too valuable to cut loose, even when injuries are a concern.’
- ‘They have blitzed much more this season than a year ago, bringing linebackers and cornerbacks.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.