One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Kavanagh lofted a corner kick’another term for corner (sense 5 of the noun)
- ‘Before the corner kick, Solomartin picks up a yellow card for shirt-tugging.’
- ‘Ten minutes later, Villa doubled their advantage when their young gun, Joe Dowd scored directly from a corner kick a goal of beauty.’
- ‘Two goals in five minutes put Windermere ahead when Liam Salisbury headed in from a corner kick and a long ball found Matt Parkinson, who beat two men and the keeper.’
- ‘The referee didn't call a goal kick for the Stingrays, but instead called a corner kick in favor of Riverside.’
- ‘Parkville upped it another gear and Colin Coady got on the end of a corner kick to poke the ball home and secure all three points for Parkville.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.