One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in hurling) a player in an attacking position on the wing.
- ‘A long ball from Kevin Moran was gathered in the right corner forward position by Patrick Kearney and he cut in to send to the net from close range.’
- ‘Despite playing the vast majority of his hurling in the corner forward berth, Mullane was named at right half forward.’
- ‘From the goalkeeper to the corner forward there was no weak link.’
- ‘Liam had been hospitalised prior to that game but played in the corner forward position, being marked by Jim Hennessy of Paulstown.’
- ‘Dave Brennan moves from full forward to the right corner with Matt Foley holding down the left corner forward position.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.