Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in hurling) a player in an attacking position on the wing.
- ‘From the goalkeeper to the corner forward there was no weak link.’
- ‘A long ball from Kevin Moran was gathered in the right corner forward position by Patrick Kearney and he cut in to send to the net from close range.’
- ‘Despite playing the vast majority of his hurling in the corner forward berth, Mullane was named at right half forward.’
- ‘Liam had been hospitalised prior to that game but played in the corner forward position, being marked by Jim Hennessy of Paulstown.’
- ‘Dave Brennan moves from full forward to the right corner with Matt Foley holding down the left corner forward position.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.