One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in hurling) a player in an attacking position on the wing.
- ‘Liam had been hospitalised prior to that game but played in the corner forward position, being marked by Jim Hennessy of Paulstown.’
- ‘Dave Brennan moves from full forward to the right corner with Matt Foley holding down the left corner forward position.’
- ‘Despite playing the vast majority of his hurling in the corner forward berth, Mullane was named at right half forward.’
- ‘A long ball from Kevin Moran was gathered in the right corner forward position by Patrick Kearney and he cut in to send to the net from close range.’
- ‘From the goalkeeper to the corner forward there was no weak link.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.